16 Tips For A Fabulously-Productive Morning Routine
There are a few essentials that constitute a “Good Morning!” Highly effective women adopt morning disciplines, routines, and systems that make them radically productive throughout the day. The Bible introduces the prime example of a woman that adhered to a successful daily spiritual routine. The Bible states, “Anna, a prophetess and widow, departed not from the temple; but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord… “ Anna’s daily spiritual habits afforded her the opportunity to have a face to face encounter with Jesus in the temple. This was her heart’s desire. God’s women must consider what fruit is being produced by their daily habits.
Godly women should re-evaluate their morning routines when necessary. Here are some morning customs that Godly women may implement into their mornings to maximize the glory they bring to God:
- Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep! Consider switching the alarm setting. To transition from being asleep to being awake, use a worship song as the alarm sound as opposed to a blaring-loud and beeping alarm. This will provide a gentler wake, as opposed to, a jolting and beeping wake-up call from slumber. This practice will start mornings on a softer and kinder note.
- Morning Pep-Talk: Upon awakening, God’s women should give themselves a pep-talk; encouraging themselves to rise, shine, and give God the glory. They remind themselves of the lazy sluggard in the Book of Proverbs and push forward into a productive morning. The Book of Proverbs states: “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.” These women understand the value of encouraging themselves. David, The Psalmist, chronicled an instance in his life when he had to encourage himself. The Bible says, “David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.”
- A Bundle of Positivity: The habit of saying something ultra positive to jumpstart the day is underrated. What to say? “Today, will be the best day of my life!” “This is going to be one magnificent morning.” Positive speaking helps create and transform life’s situations.
- Be Nice: Say something nice to someone; whether you live with them or not. Kindness should be a part of every morning routine.
- Be Fearless: God’s women should do something that makes them afraid regularly, but they should do it fearlessly! From time to time women should place something on the to-do list that makes them petrified. Call that person to handle that long-standing situation. Send that dreaded e-mail. Enroll in that class. Start the business. Every woman deserves to live her dream-life fearlessly.
- Say, “Good Morning, Jesus!” After greeting Him, continue the one-on-one time with Him. Prayer is the best way to start every day. The psalmist said, “My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct [my prayer] unto thee, and will look up.”
- Morning Glory! Give God some glory in the morning with a brief devotional time. There are so many wonderful devotionals for women. Selecting a devotional that speaks to a personal struggle is wisdom. This time can include listening to worship songs or singing songs unto God.
- What’s For Breakfast? Whatever is chosen as the breakfast of champions for the day, women should be sure to include: vitamins, nutrients, and supplements to rev the mind and body for optimal function throughout the day.
- Make A To-Do List: During morning prayer, journaling, Bible Study, and quiet time; it will become clear what tasks need to be performed for the day. A to-do list is an important tool for an effective day.
- “Eat The Frog!” That’s right; I said it, “Eat the frog!” Who wants to do that? Exactly! Nobody! Make a daily 11 a.m. appointment to do the thing that is most detestable on the to-do list.
- Set The 3-Minute Egg Timer: God’s women may use this process to prepare to perform each role that they fulfill during the day. Set a timer for 3-minutes and pray to function as an effective “Godly mother.” Reset and pray concerning the role of a “Godly wife.” Reset and pray about successfully handling the functions of a “Christian business woman.” Continue until all assigned roles have been offered to God.
- Beat The Enemy To Work: A spiritually healthy morning habit is to bind the work of the enemy early. Using spiritual weapons to minimize the work of the enemy is a wise morning power play.
- Mirror, Mirror On The Wall:Godly women may embrace the custom of looking themselves in the mirror and saying something “super-positive!” This provides a boost of confidence to jumpstart the day.
- Get Dressed: God’s productive women clothe themselves in the whole armor of God. They also prayerfully adorn themselves in the Colossians 3:12 attire, “Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering.” This practice will make certain that God’s women are awake spiritually; as well as, naturally.
- Hit The Ground Running: Grounding refers to contact with the Earth’s surface by walking barefoot outside or sitting, or working outdoors. There is something that connects humanity to God while walking, running, or sitting in nature and praying. This is a highly effective morning habit.
- The Big Question: Effective women engage in the habit of asking themselves, “What can I do today that would make me radically productive?” Putting the task on the to-do list for the day and accomplishing it helps for a great night’s sleep after a highly productive day.
Many Bible patriarchs had routines. David indicated that morning was the right time to praise God and ask for direction. Daniel prayed three times a day and the threat of death didn’t make Daniel change his prayer-routine.
Routines can become dull and seem ritualistic. However, God’s Fearless Women keep their morning routines fresh by employing different routines for specified periods of time and then switching to another set of habits during another season. Whatever is decided … Please do have a “Good Morning!”